Event: What do you think about health services in Tayside?
What do you think about health services in Tayside? The Scottish Parliament wants to hear your views!
MSPs from the Scottish Parliament’s Health & Sport Committee are coming to Perth on Monday 25 November to meet local people and find out what you think about health services in your area. They will then be putting questions to Tayside Health Board’s Chair and Chief Executive, at a public meeting in Perth Town Hall on Tuesday 26 November.
What is the meeting about?
The Committee members want to hear from people with experience of using local health services:
- how well is the Board delivering health services to the people of its region?
- what are the challenges and how is the Board tackling them?
- what positive ideas and examples are there, which might be developed to improve healthcare for local people?
What services will we be talking about?
The Committee is interested in all the health services the Board delivers but has a particular interest in
- Health and social care integration – for example, are people getting joined-up care across different services and support to stay at home where possible?
- Primary health care – includes visits to your GP, but also includes many other local services such as dentists, opticians, podiatrists, physios, community nurses, midwives and pharmacists
- Mental health care
What, where, when?
All the meetings will be in Perth & Kinross Council Chambers, 2 High St, Perth PH1 5PH.
Monday 25 November
5.30 – 7pm MSPs will meet members of the public in small groups to hear about your experiences and views. Light refreshments will be available from 5.30.
7.30 – 8.30pm MSPs will meet some local healthcare professionals to understand their experiences.
Tuesday 26 November
The Committee will have a public meeting starting at 10am to question the Health Board – this will be a chance for them to ask the Chairman and Chief Executive about some of the points that are raised by members of the public on Monday evening.
You will be welcome to come along and watch the meeting, which will also be broadcast live or available to view afterwards on the Scottish Parliament’s website www.parliament.scot
What help can I get to attend?
The Scottish Parliament is happy to refund your travel costs – information about how to claim back your costs will be available at the meeting.
Experienced facilitators from the Parliament will be at the meeting to make sure everyone has a chance to take part and have their views heard.
The meeting room at Perth Town Hall is fully accessible. If there is other support that you need to help you take part, please get in touch with Paul Anderson from the Parliament’s Community Outreach Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (0131) 348 5000.