Boomerang Community Centre Vacancy – Volunteer Coordinator
Boomerang Community Centre
Post Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Responsible to: Centre Manager
Responsible for: Volunteers
Starting Salary: £25662 (FTE)
Annual Leave: 82 hours plus 5 days bank holidays
Contract: Fixed term for one year
We are looking for a competent Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and manage volunteers. You will be responsible for allocating responsibilities, identifying new volunteer opportunities, recruiting volunteers and the overall support and supervision of all volunteers.
For this role you will need experience of recruiting and managing volunteers.
You must have excellent organisational skills, have an ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
You must have great interpersonal and networking skills, in addition to an understanding of the barriers to volunteering and steps that can be taken to address these.
We want to ensure our organisation has the best volunteers who help us to achieve our mission, while being given training and development as required.
PRINCIPAL WORKING CONTACTS
- Centre Manager
- Centre based groups, users and the general public and local community
- Staff in statutory and non-statutory organisations
- Develop a compelling volunteer programme which serves the needs of the individual and the teams across the Boomerang Community Centre and in the wider Maryfield / Stobswell community
- Generate appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the Centre and ensure that we operate best in class volunteer management practices
- Promote volunteering through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Recruit and welcome new volunteers to Boomerang providing an appropriate induction, managing and nurturing the relationships ensuring that volunteers are matched with the right opportunities.
- Responsible for day to day management, promotion, co-ordination and development of the volunteers and the development of volunteer roles within the Boomerang Centre.
- Be key point of contact and provide administrative support to volunteers, including recruitment, induction, the development of structured volunteer engagement plans, process PVG’s, seek references.
- Work with the Centre manager to ensure good financial governance in relation to volunteer expenses and outlay.
- Establish, co-ordinate and promote regular and relevant volunteer activity and learning at the centre.
- Support and develop active community involvement in the Centre’s activities through the appropriate use of the media, posters, leaflets and outreach work.
- Develop methods and structures which facilitate involvement from all sections of the community in the programme and management of the Centre.
- Responsible for the support, education, training and supervision of volunteers.
- Presenting the volunteering opportunities to various groups and organisations
- Provide appropriate monitoring, evaluation and case studies.
- Adhere to all Centre policies and procedures.
|Degree or diploma||CLD degree / diploma Relevant community experience|
|Management of staff or volunteers
Sound organisational skills
Delivering education and training
|Supporting people on an individual basis
Monitoring & Evaluation
|Processing PVGs and references
Excellent communication skills
|ANY ADDITIONAL JOB RELATED REQUIREMENTS
|Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
Satisfactory PVG check
This job description is a broad picture of the post at the date of preparation. It is not an exhaustive list of all possible duties and it is recognised that jobs change and evolve over time. Consequently, this is not a contractual document and the post holder will be required to carry out any other duties to the equivalent level that are necessary to fulfil the purpose of the job.