HaVen Vacancy – Treasurer
Trustee Vacancy – Treasurer
Who we are:
The Hearing Voices Network Dundee (HaVeN) is a registered charity which provides a HaVeN for those who hear voices, as well as those in the community who experience mental health issues. The HaVeN is a drop-in centre as well as a community café which is based in the Hilltown area of the city, offering one to one support and a variety of groups which are run and supported by volunteers.
For Voice Hearers to feel valued, accepted and empowered to thrive.
What we do:
The Hearing Voices Network Dundee seeks to inspire hope and promote empowerment for Voice-Hearers, their friends and families. We have a drop-in service which is open to all. No referral is needed to access the services and support that we provide. We offer support, advice, volunteering opportunities, befriending, peer2peer, training and have a community café on site. We work closely with other organisations in our community to ensure that we remain up to date and are able provide creative support solutions to our service users and the community around us.
The Treasurer will oversee the monitoring of the organisation’s finances on behalf of the whole board of trustees, to report regularly on them to the board and to make sure that money is properly managed. They will ensure that bookkeeping, record keeping, and budgeting are done accurately. This includes:
• Ensuring proper systems are in place for budgeting, financial control, and reporting.
• Keeping all trustees properly informed about the state of the organisation’s finances.
• Ensuring financial reports to the trustees are comprehensible and properly discussed.
• Ensuring accounts and other financial reports are produced in the proper form and on time as
required by other bodies.
• Overseeing the appointment and communications with auditors or independent examiners,
according to legal requirements.
• Monitor the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources
• Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health.
• Act as a counter signatory for online banking and applications to funders.
This is a voluntary role; however reasonable expenses will be paid.
The Board of trustees currently meet up to eight times per year. Our meetings are currently a mixture of in-person and virtual.
If you would like an informal discussion or to note your interest, please contact Jordan Burns at Chair@havendundee.co.uk.