Positive Steps Vacancy – Custody Assess and Referral Worker
Post: Custody Assess and Referral Worker (0.45 F.T.E.)
Reporting to: Team Leader
Grade/Salary: £10,500 per annum based on 16 hours (0.45 FTE) and is weekend working. Hours will include 7am to 9am Saturday and Sunday.
- To provide a high-quality service to individuals who have a history of substance misuse, homelessness and mental health related problems by engaging with them in a custodial and community setting.
- Provide relevant interventions based upon appropriate assessment or need and provide all relevant services in line with agreed targets and objectives
- Provide advice, advocacy, and support to clients.
- Where appropriate to work in close partnership with other agencies to ensure clients access a full range of services
- Assess and refer appropriate custodies to appropriate regional teams or services for them.
- Ensure service is delivered within regulatory guidelines, Positive Steps Policy, Procedure, and best practice
- Ensure all team Service User records are clear, accurate and up to date.
- Ensure confidentiality of Service Users, Positive Steps and staff is maintained.
- Provide reports and returns as required.
- Liaise and network with relevant external agencies and organisations.
- Liaise with other departments within Positive Steps.
- Develop own knowledge/practice and attend training as agreed with senior staff.
- Carry out any other duties applicable to position and agreed by senior staff.
- Work within the Health and Safety guidelines set out by Positive Steps and Police Scotland.
- Must be able to work weekends Saturday and Sunday 7am to 9am.
- Must have a current full Driving License and use of a legal roadworthy vehicle with appropriate insurance.
- Must agree and pass vetting by Police Scotland.
- Must agree to be part of PVG Scheme.
- Must be computer and IT competent.
. For more information, please contact Jane Reid ([email protected])