Tactran – Tayside and Central Scotland Regional Transport Strategy
The draft of the Tayside and Central Scotland Regional Transport Strategy (RTS) is now released for consultation, seeking to improve access for people and businesses and reduce the impact of how we travel on the climate.
The strategy has been prepared by the Tactran Regional Transport Partnership in association with Angus, Dundee City, Perth& Kinross and Stirling Councils, and covers all aspects of travel in the four Council areas, from accessing local facilities to the connections between the region and the rest of Scotland.
The consultation seeks to continue the conversation about the significant changes we all need to make to address the impact of travel on the climate whilst also improving access for everyone.
Proposals in the draft strategy include:
• Delivering an accessible, affordable and reliable public transport network across the whole of the region
• Improving the accessibility of all transport networks to enable all residents, including disabled and older people as well as those from rural areas, to travel independently
• Working to ensure the region’s transport network is zero emission by 2045, including
• Cutting car kilometres driven by 20% by 2030
• Supporting the adoption of electric and low emission vehicles
• Improving opportunities to walk and cycle so that these can be the modes of choice for short trips to help improve air quality and physical health
The draft RTS reflects extensive scoping and stakeholder engagement work and is now presented for consultation, to identify whether any further changes are required before it is considered for adoption. Tactran is committed to listening to the views of residents and stakeholders before deciding which actions to take and the consultation seeks to understand views on the proposed approach, the impacts that may arise as a result of this approach and if any alternative options should be included.
You can read the draft Strategy and have your say at ttps://tactran.gov.uk/projects/regional-transport-strategy/. Consultation documents in alternative formats, such as easy read or large print, or alternative languages are available. Please contact the Tactran Team on 07919 880826 or by emailing email@example.com.
The closing date for comments is the 27th of October 2023.
There is also the opportunity for Tactran to run a short workshop session as an initial engagement with interested stakeholders to talk through the Draft RTS. If your group would like to arrange a workshop session, please contact the Tactran Team using the e-mail address above.