Developing Dundee’s Community Wellbeing Centre
Following discussions including our Mental Health and Substance Use Engagement and Involvement Team we have answered some Frequently Asked Questions about the Community Wellbeing Centre for Dundee which is due to open in Spring 2022.
Submit your suggestions or attend an online session: Dundee’s Community Wellbeing Centre: What Should It Be Like?
Community Wellbeing Centre FAQ
- What will the Community Wellbeing Centre do?
- Provide an immediate and compassionate response, 24 / 7, to anyone who is in distress.
- Achieve callers’ safety and stabilisation.
- Go “beyond signposting” to bring callers the support they need.
- How? By providing:
- A telephone number which anyone can call.
- A city centre building where anyone can go.
- A person-centred approach to connect people with a full range of services and supports including access to Distress Brief Intervention and carer support.
- Support to those needing immediate access to a specialist mental health assessment.
- Accommodation with support for up to a week in a flat or bedsit, if required, whilst engaging with community supports.
- Where is the building?
It’s the former Hillcrest Housing Office, in South Ward Road. The accommodation with support will be in different locations across the City.
- Who will run the building?
A third sector organisation, to be agreed through the usual tendering process. This organisation will work closely with established mental health and wellbeing services.
- How can I get involved?
We are creating a stakeholder group to help shape the developments. The first meeting will be on Wed 17th Nov from 2pm until 3.30pm on Microsoft Teams. If you have experienced distress, or have supported someone else who has, we’d like to hear from you. To find out more or to express interest in the stakeholder group, please Email: [email protected]
Keep In Touch
More information will be shared about progress on our Mental Health and Substance Use page and in the News section of our website.