Royal Voluntary Service Vacancy – Activity Coordinator
Activity Group Co-ordinator (FTC, Part-Time)
Dundee, Scotland (with travel to groups within Dundee and remote working)
Our Dementia Support Services help those who live with dementia to preserve the lifestyle they enjoy for as long as possible, offering comfort and support when they’re facing unfamiliar or difficult situations.
We’re currently looking for an Activity Group Co-ordinator to join us on a part-time basis for fixed-term contract until March 2024.
As an Activity Group Co-ordinator, you will manage the day-to-day co-ordination of the service in Dundee.
You’ll design and deliver a range of activities on a weekly basis, communicating with group members and venues and supporting the Service Manager to recruit, train and co-ordinate volunteers.
You’ll undertake general administrative duties and ensure compliance with relevant policies and standards, including Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, Data Protection and Safeguarding.
This is a part-time, fixed term position, working 25 hours per week over four days until March 2024.
There may also be opportunities for paid overtime in busy periods or to cover absences.
What you’ll need
– Experience of working with people living with dementia and/or their carers
– Experience of delivering activities within a group setting
– An understanding of the benefit of group settings and activities for people living with dementia
– Knowledge of safeguarding adults
– Excellent communication and listening skills
– IT proficiency
– A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to pre-employment checks. This may include a criminal records check.
What you get in return
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from:
– Salary of £11.01 per hour
– 25 days’ holiday (pro rata) plus paid statutory Bank Holidays (pro rata)
– Six weeks company sick pay
– A great pension scheme
– Enhanced Family Leave schemes
– An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website to get discounts and cashback online
– A 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
– A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions counselling included
– Extensive online and on the job training to ensure you will succeed in your role
– Opportunities to discuss flexible working
– Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
– The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
How to apply
For more information on how to apply, click here.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that’s representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for this role is 9th June 2023. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Other organisations may call this role Activity Group Officer, Community Activity Officer, Community Activity Co-ordinator, or Charity Activity Group Co-ordinator.