Royal Voluntary Service Vacancy – Service Manager
Service Manager (FTC)
Do you enjoy helping people? Are you looking for a role that is truly rewarding? Then we need you!
Together we can make a real difference to helping people in need.
We are currently looking for a Service Manager to lead our Dementia Support Service on a full-time basis for a fixed term contract until March 2024.
Our Dementia Support Services help those who live with dementia to preserve the lifestyle they enjoy for as long as possible, offering comfort and support when they’re facing unfamiliar or difficult situations.
As a Service Manager, you will lead the delivery of our Dementia Support Service in Dundee.
You’ll co-ordinate and facilitate the safe provision of the service to people living with dementia and their carers in a group setting, ensuring the service is delivered in line with funding agreements and developed to achieve key performance targets.
Recruiting, training and managing volunteers, you’ll liaise with key stakeholders, process referrals and organise weekly activity groups.
This is a full-time, fixed-term role, working 35 hours per week from Monday to Friday until March 2024.
What You’ll Need
To be considered as a Service Manager, you will need:
– Knowledge and/or experience of working with people with dementia
– Experience of networking with key stakeholders
– Experience of managing a budget and allocating resources
– Experience of producing written reports in a timely manner
– Experience of managing staff and volunteers
– Knowledge of relevant legislation including Safeguarding / Adult and Child Support and Protection, Health & Safety and the Mental Capacity Act
– At a minimum, GCSEs or equivalent at level 4 / Grade C or above in Maths and English or Scottish Higher qualification in English
– IT proficiency
– A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
What you get in return
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from:
– Salary of £13.34 per hour
– 25 days’ holiday plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
– Six weeks’ company sick pay
– A great pension scheme
– Enhanced Family Leave schemes
– An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website to get discounts and cashback online
– A 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
– A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face sessions counselling included
– Extensive online and on the job training to ensure you will succeed in your role
– Opportunities to discuss flexible working
– Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
– The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
How to apply
For more information on how to apply, click here.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that’s representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for this role is the 31st May 2023. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Other organisations may call this role Community Support Manager, Volunteer Supervisor, Volunteer Team Leader, or Charity Project Manager.